Tyrrell County Wills and Estates
Tyrrell County was formed in 1729 as Tyrrell Precinct of Albemarle County, from parts of Bertie Precinct, Chowan Precinct, Currituck Precinct, and Pasquotank Precinct. It was named for Sir John Tyrrell, one of the Lords Proprietors of Carolina.In 1774 the western part of Tyrrell County was combined with part of Halifax County to form Martin County. In 1799 the western third of what was left of Tyrrell County became Washington County. In 1870 the half of Tyrrell County east of the Alligator River was combined with parts of Currituck County and Hyde County to form Dare County.
Tyrrell County Wills and other Records Available to Members of North Carolina Pioneers
- Mackay, William, transcription of LWT (1765)
- Abstracts of Tyrrell County Wills 1732 to 1774
Historical North Carolina Families
- The King Family of Flat Creek, North Carolina
- 1.8 terabytes of genealogy!
- The Revolutionary War Soldier in your Family
- Samuel Kelly of Franklin, NC
- Finding ancestors before 1790 (video)
- Edmund Fanning
- Governor Arthur Dobbs
- Where to Search after Census Records (video)
- Footprints (video)
- Izard Family (video)
- Alexander Family (video)
- Baker of the Bucklands (video)
- NC Families, Genealogies on North Carolina Pioneers.com
- Lincoln Co. NC Wills-digital images
- Video of Boone Family of NC and England
- Free genealogy help during January
- Video of Baker Family of "The Bucklands"
- Video of the Lost Roanoke Colony
"Find your Ancestors on North Carolina Pioneers"
Become a member and view documents
Follow us via Email
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|